Photo

What was your last movie you watched and how did you find it?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Gerbil

Gerbil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationChristchurch

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:11 AM

I watched Moana over the weekend, and was more than pleasantly taken aback with the adult and childish humour. Dwayne Johnson really shone through.

Good fast paced hour and a half, with a few genuine funny moments. 

9/10.

#2 donz

donz

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,019 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:13 AM

Watched Alien Cov on Friday night and was pretty upset with how they played it out - bout a 5 or 6/10. Love the franchise, did not like this.

ANS Performance powered. Ritual. Diablo. Dilate. CreXcel. DiabloPM. N-Pro. Fortitude. N-Mass. Carb-HP. Inferno. N-ISO.

RAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

#3 Varis

Varis

Beaky Kent 2.0

• Admin
  • 14,068 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:48 AM

Watched Alien Cov on Friday night and was pretty upset with how they played it out - bout a 5 or 6/10. Love the franchise, did not like this.

Thanks, Saved me some $$ There.

Stimming since 08.

#4 fridgeyeti

fridgeyeti

Beardgainz

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:37 AM

It baffles me why people continue to see those movies. They should have stopped after Aliens in 1986!

#5 donz

donz

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,019 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:56 PM

It baffles me why people continue to see those movies. They should have stopped after Aliens in 1986!

Prometheus was good and had good back story that filled in gaps and added a longer time line for more good movies but this one... nah pretty much had 1 little snippet of info and Kenny Powers? Fuck off mate you're shit at acting!

ANS Performance powered. Ritual. Diablo. Dilate. CreXcel. DiabloPM. N-Pro. Fortitude. N-Mass. Carb-HP. Inferno. N-ISO.

#6 fridgeyeti

fridgeyeti

Beardgainz

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:14 AM

The mystery behind the xenomorphs was what made them even more terrifying. They didnt need to explain everything. 

#7 donz

donz

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,019 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:02 PM

The mystery behind the xenomorphs was what made them even more terrifying. They didnt need to explain everything. 

Interesting you mention that and what you're referring to since in other Alien movies you see the queen laying eggs.. yet somehow in this David is behind them? What?

#8 fridgeyeti

fridgeyeti

Beardgainz

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:29 AM

Interesting you mention that and what you're referring to since in other Alien movies you see the queen laying eggs.. yet somehow in this David is behind them? What?

Yeah so spoiler, this whole time, the xenomorphs were created by an android who was messing around with the engineer's bioweapon

#9 WilliG

WilliG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:28 PM

Geostorm

Unquestionably dumb disaster flick with a surprising lack of natural disaster amongst its over the top special effects scenes which are mostly set in space (?!). Despite that, truly hilarious in its ridiculousness and probably knowingly so - tongue firmly in cheek. Frankly this was exactly the sort of thing that I fancied watching and it delivered the stupid by the truckload.

Highlight was a scene that made absolutely no sense promting a bad guy to say “... but.... how how?!”. The answer: “because I’m the goddamn president, that’s how!” biggrin.gif

7/10

#10 alan55

alan55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:52 PM

Superbad. I really enjoy this film and watch it every now and again.

#11 alan55

alan55

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:40 PM

The Hate U Give
Wow, just wow, what a movie. An incredibly powerful depiction of what is I imagine a very very real issue for many Americans right now. Brilliant soundtrack, cinematography, everything. I loved it smile.gif

Well worth a watch!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users