Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
  • LocationChristchurch

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:37 AM

Those at risk of decommission

Crusaders -  Time for a new coach?

The Black Caps, England and Australia T20 sides - the only thing that took the pain away from the Black Caps capitulation this morning was seeing that that English had fallen to the mighty Netherlands a few hours earlier. The Australians have struggled as well in Bangledesh

+1

#23 hamdanz

hamdanz

Train every day

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,720 posts
  • LocationH town

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:04 AM

add my 2 cents on nba with playoffs looming in couple of weeks.

To play off for the east:  Brooklyn and Miami.

Brooklyn has won 13 straight at home, and has one of the best records since Jan 1.  Indiana has infighting within the team, I think this will only get worse, and I rate Brooklyn to get a win or two away, and to remain hard to beat at home; just edging out the Pacers.  Chicago will be hard to beat, but they just can't score points.  So final 4 in east will be Brooklyn, Miami, Indiana and Chicago with Brooklyn and Miami playing off for the NBA finals spot.  Brooklyn has a bunch of playoff experience, with some young hunger.

To play off for the West.

This is a bit more difficult.  7 teams I think have realistic chances of making final four in the west: Oklahoma, San Antonio, LA Clippers, Houston, Dallas, Memphis and Golden State.  Sadly I don't see Portland progressing past the first round of playoffs.

My final two are: Spurs and Thunder. 

Spurs just have too much finals experience; have made the conference final two 7 times since 2000.  And have just broken their franchise record of consecutive wins at 18.  The Thunder have been a short lived franchise (used to be seattle); but have consistently made the playoffs.  In last 3 seasons have made the conference semi finals, 2 out of last 3 years have made conference final.  Plus as Hitro said, Durant is in amazing form; about to break the greatest ever's (Michael) nba record of most consecutive games with 25 plus points.  He will be this year's MVP, he has amazing stats this year; averaging 32.2 points, 5.7 assists, and 7.5 rebounds per game.  This has increased all his career stats.  Thunder will be hard to beat.

Supplement Science Crew
Making gains crew
Have no friends crew
Stimming crew
Living life crew
Bring back the forum crew
Don't like crews crew.

#24 Varis

Varis

Beaky Kent 2.0

• Admin
  • 14,068 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

See the warriors coach got the axe.

Interdasting...

Hitro thoughts on the blues?

Stimming since 08.

#25 hitro

hitro

BigRed

• PipPipPip
  • 6,848 posts
  • LocationHauraki

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Thoughts on blues will come tonight but a big WTF re sacking of matty elliot just 5 games in - if it is indeed true or rumour at this stage.

Sure it was a very poor result on the weekend but 2 wins from the first 5 games is actually one of the better starts to the season the warriors have had.

Stay tuned...

#26 Varis

Varis

Beaky Kent 2.0

• Admin
  • 14,068 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

Yeah I was liek da fuk.

Stimming since 08.

#27 hitro

hitro

BigRed

• PipPipPip
  • 6,848 posts
  • LocationHauraki

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

Heard it last night and all over aus media but still nothing official.

Warriors players called in to team meeting at 10am this morning...

#28 hitro

hitro

BigRed

• PipPipPip
  • 6,848 posts
  • LocationHauraki

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

Elliot 'resigns'.....

http://www.stuff.co....Elliott-resigns

#29 Kurt051

Kurt051

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:35 AM

Alot of the players need to put their hand up for shit errors like not being able to catch ball. Can't coach that.

I am excitied to see how the team reacts under McFadden, meant to be an up and coming coach in the NRL scene.

Only concern is that he is also the NZ assistant coach, might stretch him for time...

#30 hamdanz

hamdanz

Train every day

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,720 posts
  • LocationH town

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:25 AM

4 coaches in less than 2 years.  Is this the EPL?

I find it redic.  Players are obvs the issue, not the coach.  Don't see why they can't sign a bunch of guys from local comp on short term contracts - say 5 games; with the option to extend based on performance.  Then put a bunch of under-performing guys in the Vulcans for awhile (do they still have them??).  Can't do any worse than against the sharks.  Then those guys will really play their hearts out to get a full time contract.  Just seems attitude isn't there for some guys.  They can obviously perform on their day, just very inconsistent.

Supplement Science Crew
Making gains crew
Have no friends crew
Stimming crew
Living life crew
Don't like crews crew.

#31 hitro

hitro

BigRed

• PipPipPip
  • 6,848 posts
  • LocationHauraki

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

Hitro's Power Rankings - Monday 7th April Edition

Worthy contenders (in no particular order)

Sri Lankan Lions – T20 world champions after a convincing win over the previously unbeaten Indians this morning. Not a huge amount of power displayed in the final nor the rest of the T20 world cup for that matter but the Sri Lankans will be cranking it tonight after picking up their first major cricket trophy in about 20 years.

Brock Lesnar - To be honest I still can't believe... The beast beat the streak and the Undertakers unbeaten record at Wrestlemania has been stopped by Brock Lesnar at 21.

WM30_Photo_264.jpg

Daniel Bryan - Fairy tale come true?? After the aforementioned result, this one kept WWE fans world wide from rioting. Early in the night Daniel Bryan managed to beat the old hand Triple HHH to earn a spot in a triple threat match with Batista and champion Randy Orton which he ultimately won after taking one hell of a battering. Well

WM30_Photo_372.jpg

This weeks number 1 display of power....

kevin-durant-wesley-johnson.jpg

Kevin Durant -  No surprise here after last weeks honourable mention. 1 week on and he's gone and done it -  41 consecutive games now where he has scored 25 points or more. CONSISTENT - tick. POWER - tick. Nuff said.

(NB - had a certain phenom made is 22-0 then things may have been different on top of the power rankings but astoundingly it didnt happen....Hitro keeps his word).

And those at risk of decommission

Warriors management - so apparently the Warriors coach (of the last 29 games anyway) resigned this morning.....yeah right. Sure the loss to the Sharks was big but its was a farken big bananna skin that most saw coming. And hold on....2 wins from 5 games this season - that is one of the best starts the warriors have had in recent times.  So that is now 10 coaches in the 20 year history of the Warriors. Hmmm something stinks here and it ain't the coach.

The Phoenix - finally officially out of the playoffs after yet another thrashing. Not much to say about this one other than "hahahaha" .Now fuck off and pleeeeease don't come back.

9857886.jpg

Now I was going to mention the Blues but what has happened with the Warriors today has put things in to perspective. Now the Blues lost to the Brumbies 26-9 on Friday night without really firing a shot but it shouldn't be forgotten the Brumbies are a class side who are leading the Australian conference. The Blues have won 3 from 7 and are pretty much operating in line with the expectations of most. They are doing alright with a rookie first five and $500k worth of Benchi Marshall showing no signs of being up to the task of SuperRugby. There are some quality players there now and Kirwan just needs to get them firing and operating as a team. Hitro's expect some power to come through soon. The engine room is OK and capable of  some reasonable production so it's just a matter of getting that power out distributed out along the network without too much leakage. No need to panic just yet....

#32 Varis

Varis

Beaky Kent 2.0

• Admin
  • 14,068 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

Apparently our first five had a shocker in the weekend, didn't watch it though.

Stimming since 08.

#33 JordanW

JordanW

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • LocationTaupo

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:45 AM

I feel like the chiefs should be at risk of decommission, at least for their first half efforts for the past few weeks...

#34 Varis

Varis

Beaky Kent 2.0

• Admin
  • 14,068 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

I feel like the chiefs should be at risk of decommission, at least for their first half efforts for the past few weeks...

They've lost crudan.. It's GG

Stimming since 08.

#35 JordanW

JordanW

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • LocationTaupo

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

They've lost crudan.. It's GG

Did not know this... brb changing teams now.

...too bad the next highest NZ team is 8th.

Go sharks! lol

#36 Varis

Varis

Beaky Kent 2.0

• Admin
  • 14,068 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:52 AM

Did not know this... brb changing teams now.

...too bad the next highest NZ team is 8th.

Go sharks! lol

yep broken thumb 6 weeks I think... Or maybe 8?

Stimming since 08.

#37 hamdanz

hamdanz

Train every day

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,720 posts
  • LocationH town

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:52 AM

I don't think chiefs lose much with anscombe at first five.  Great kicker, good attacker, seems to be a smart player. Plenty of backup at 15 with Mils

Supplement Science Crew
Making gains crew
Have no friends crew
Stimming crew
Living life crew
Don't like crews crew.

#38 Varis

Varis

Beaky Kent 2.0

• Admin
  • 14,068 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

I don't think chiefs lose much with anscombe at first five. 

unless he has improved from at the blues, semi not sure if srs.

Stimming since 08.

#39 JordanW

JordanW

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • LocationTaupo

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

No doubt Anscombe is good, but he has only played at 15 lately for the Chiefs. Totally different game at No. 10.

Still, best back up 10 we have

#40 JordanW

JordanW

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • LocationTaupo

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

unless he has improved from at the blues, semi not sure if srs.

uwotm8?

Anscombe played superbly last year for the Chiefs, and he's doing damn well this year too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users