#21 Kurt051

Kurt051

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

Just come down with shin splints.... ain't nothing going to stop me from finishing this, even if it means I end up with a stress fracture from the continual training

#22 eat-more-pies

eat-more-pies

BRICKED

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:40 AM

Just come down with shin splints.... ain't nothing going to stop me from finishing this, even if it means I end up with a stress fracture from the continual training

www.youtube.com/watch?v=20WCLxXfMG8

www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1lv1jrr46Y

Be careful you might get addicted to this guys videos

#23 eat-more-pies

eat-more-pies

BRICKED

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

If anyone is interested. . . .

Looking at doing MazdaOrock next weekend for a bit of fun, 5km obstacle course run in botany downs Auckland.
A very tame O.C.R.

Its probably more suited to jaffa gym bunnies and the like, due to the course being;

Short 5km distance
on grass
no mud
No major water hazards
No electrocution
No death waiver

Anyone in....?

#24 celphtitled

celphtitled

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

i keep seeing some run thing where i live,by the Temple in flat bush? might be it?

Stim

#25 eat-more-pies

eat-more-pies

BRICKED

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:40 AM

Its @ sir Barry Curtis park, wherever that is...?

Nek minnit....

Looks like I might be out for this one, just got a text from my "so called" mate and transporter who has pulled out at the last minute.

Good friends will let you down gently, true friends will burst your fking balloon. .

Still on for Sunday 23rd, just realised i gotta be there by 7:45 am for registration, factoring in travel breakfast etc looks like a 5:30ish wake up early start to the day. . Dammit

#26 eat-more-pies

eat-more-pies

BRICKED

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

Ran orock. .

After a shitty sleep thanks to my partying bass pumping till 3 in the morning neighbours, i ran one of my worst run times ever of 29mins/5.2km, (considering i ran the ohope beach 9km run in dec last year with a time of 33 mins on a jager hangover) was leading my wave until I ran off in the wrong direction and lost about 30 placings fwark..... caught up to the leading pack of about 15 or so runners thought I could see the end getting near, gave it my all and kicked it up into a 500 metre sprint burnt past about a dozen or so runners to find there was about 1.5km still left to run, feeling nearly spent I managed to maintain a mediocre pace and was passed by a few oldies and youngins to place about 10thish in my wave, unsure of my exact wave placing, but as for age/gender group placed in mid 50s of the 20-39yrs group, was a shitty run time but a goodtime experience to learn from, other than that it was a good event, obstacles were better than expected but not hard enough to be considered a trial run for tough mudder

#27 eat-more-pies

eat-more-pies

BRICKED

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

Have had ongoing low back pain for the last 4weeks or so, things aren't looking good going into tough mudder, was hoping it would settle down but the moment it starts to feel better, the pain returns but worse each time, if I sit down it takes me forever to stand up again.

Even if my back is feeling better by raceday, because of the back pain I haveNot been able to do nearly enough training to run TM in a fast time, so its more likely going to be a 'just finish the damn thing experience' and will have to take it easy on the day,

A bit fucked off really, seems like all of the previous training I've done for this has all been in vain for nothing, as at the moment I feel weaker overall than I was 2 months ago

#28 Kurt051

Kurt051

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

Mate I know how it feel, well somewhat at least. I too have got a dodgy lower back at the moment. Mine was due to tight hamstrings/hips really.

So now before every workout I roll out my legs/back and engage my core by doing prone/side planks + hamstring stretches. Seems to slowly be getting better.

You are welcome to run with a few of us as we wont be racing for time, just completion 

#29 eat-more-pies

eat-more-pies

BRICKED

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:30 AM

Mate I know how it feel, well somewhat at least. I too have got a dodgy lower back at the moment. Mine was due to tight hamstrings/hips really.

So now before every workout I roll out my legs/back and engage my core by doing prone/side planks + hamstring stretches. Seems to slowly be getting better.

You are welcome to run with a few of us as we wont be racing for time, just completion

Mine is due to lower cross muscular imbalances (tight lumbar/hip flexors, phasic glutes/hams/core etc)which have been further facilitated by running.
The exercises/stretches that you mention are pretty much the kind of thing I'm going to focus on once TM is over with, and to do it properly I'll need to forgo strength, repetitive endurance, and general athletic activities for a little while and just concentrate on getting everything balanced first.

Thanks for the offer to run, I'm doing it with a mate on the saturday morn 10:30 wave, if I see ya there I'll give ya a hollah, we were going to go full costume as either he-man/skeletor or macho man/ultimate warrior, but at the moment making costumes are the last thing on my mind.

#30 hamdanz

hamdanz

Train every day

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,720 posts
  • LocationH town

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:53 AM

haha love the costume ideas man.  I did run for your life last year with some mates at spookers (nothing compared to tough mudder) dressed as a glam metal band.

Goodluck with back probs

Supplement Science Crew
Making gains crew
Have no friends crew
Stimming crew
Living life crew
Bring back the forum crew
Don't like crews crew.

#31 Kurt051

Kurt051

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:16 AM

mate im just trying to get through the run without getting serious chaffing haha

Im aiming to start at the 10am wave so I will no doubt see you there mate

Have to catch up for a well earned beer afterwards

#32 eat-more-pies

eat-more-pies

BRICKED

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

mate im just trying to get through the run without getting serious chaffing

Have you heard anything back from TM yet, I thought they were suppose to mail out some stuff in the week prior to the race.... as for chaffing a finger full of vasoline goes a long way, just scored a new pair of runners so no doubt I'm gonna score some blisters

#33 eat-more-pies

eat-more-pies

BRICKED

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Mission Complete........

Was alot easier than anticipated, managed to get over/through every obstacle without assistance, warped wall, the berlin walls and glory blades were easier than they look, the toughest challenge was the second bout of electric shock therapy and the cold showers at the end

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users