36 replies to this topic

#21 hardster

hardster

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Definatey better. But think ill my sky it haha

Oh hard work, my Dad was right about you! You do pay off..

#22 hitro

hitro

BigRed

• PipPipPip
  • 6,848 posts
  • LocationHauraki

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Yeah, I will probably get up for it as Chelsea are playing at the same time on the other channel

#23 Varis

Varis

Beaky Kent 2.0

• Admin
  • 14,068 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

How did tamati ellison go at second five? I didn't manage to catch the game only some brief highlights.

Stimming since 08.

#24 kiwidan

kiwidan

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Has everyone seen Andrew Hore smash the Welsh guy from behind? What a dumb ass thing to do. Absolutely laid the guy out. Unneccessary, un called for. I'd say hes gone for 6 weeks at the very least, but I'm expecting upwards of 8 weeks. The British press are going to have a field day with this guy, and after Adam Thompsons misdemeaner a couple weeks ago, this is a very bad look for the ABs and I'd say this will give the IRB a chance to throw the book at Hore and make a very big example out of him.

#25 hitro

hitro

BigRed

• PipPipPip
  • 6,848 posts
  • LocationHauraki

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

Yeah pretty dam gutless eh. Wonder what provoked it? Or maybe just some "random act of kindness".

Played his last test as an AB?

#26 kiwidan

kiwidan

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

There is a wider angle shot where you can see Bradly Davis running a line that works to cut Horey off from the ball carrier, Davis got in his way, so he clocked him haha

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-union/20487856

He could have pushed him out of the way, you know, given him a shove and a bit of a mouthful, but instead he chose to absolutely nail the guy. It's just disappointing really, 40seconds into a Test match, there was no reason for it.

I reckon it might be aye, beacuse Hore is gone for at least 8 weeks. AT LEAST. I'd say the IRB will throw the book, the kitchen sink and the fat lady at him for this.

#27 Varis

Varis

Beaky Kent 2.0

• Admin
  • 14,068 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

LOL

Stimming since 08.

#28 hitro

hitro

BigRed

• PipPipPip
  • 6,848 posts
  • LocationHauraki

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Fuarrrrkkkkkk hope not too many other members got up early to watch the ABs vs England...what a dissappointment! I guess its kinda to be expected though after most the squad having a severe bout of gastro for most the week.

Gonna have to avoid all my english mates for a while now so I don't have to hearing about them crowing as the "world champs"

#29 hardster

hardster

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Didn't get up super early. But my Skyd it and just watched it.

England played well. Looked very tired

#30 kiwidan

kiwidan

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

ABs were out muscled, out passioned and out played. Great English effort. It was like the ABs and the Poms swapped jerseys and the English played AB Rugby and the ABs played English Rugby. I got up at 6am to watch the replay. Was disappointed but the ABs never looked like they were in the game at all.

#31 Varis

Varis

Beaky Kent 2.0

• Admin
  • 14,068 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

My jaw dropped watching the reply..

wow..

Stimming since 08.

#32 kiwidan

kiwidan

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

DC and Ritchie look really farken old! I honestly don't see McCaw making it to the next RWC. DC only has what, 5 or 6 more tests to go until he cracks a hundy too, I honestly don't see him getting there either. England showed us up big time. They have youth, they had muscle, they have enthusiasm too. They dominated us. That was probably the best English Rugby performance I have ever witnessed in my 27 years on this earth. If that team can stay together for the next few years, they are going to be very tough to beat.

#33 hardster

hardster

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

I think we were just tired and unmotivated. Yeah we had some guys looking old, however those key guys are what have held us together from an experience point of view.

An interesting two years ahead for nz rugby though for sure.

#34 hitro

hitro

BigRed

• PipPipPip
  • 6,848 posts
  • LocationHauraki

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Bring back SBW

#35 Varis

Varis

Beaky Kent 2.0

• Admin
  • 14,068 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Will Interesting how they approch this next year.. I think the main reason was because they were all sick?

Stimming since 08.

#36 kiwidan

kiwidan

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Yeah as much as the Abs don't want to use that as an excuse, it is something that did happen, and having a virus like that rip through the vast majority of a team will hinder their preparation. Were they all 100% when they took the field against Engand? They say they were, but whether they actually were I guess is something we will never know. Regardless, England were very good in that game. But the different basically was those penalty kicks in the first half. Both teams scored 3 tries I think so yeah, the old English goal kicking once again provided the difference on the scoreboard. The All Blacks definitely looked tired and very sluggish.

Also, did anyone notice Keiren Read was doing most of the talking behind the goal posts while waiting for conversions to be kicked? Interesting.

#37 hardster

hardster

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Yeah I agree Varis. Having a chronic bug for 24 hours couple days before really depleted the stores. Why the sickness is an excuse, you could see it in their faces before the game in the interviews that they were pretty drained.

They've done pretty well. All Blacks have won 12 of their 14 tests this year. Also on top of that, New Zealand had not been beaten over its past 20 matches, including the World Cup. It also had won 28 straight matches on international play on European soil, going back to a 31-28 loss in November 2002, also to England at Twickenham. So overall, you just can't win everything nower days.

England lost to SA the week before 16-15, the week before that they also lost to Aussie 20-14.

But it will be an interesting few years ahead as proffessionalism brings the gap between teams closer and closer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users